Theresa left me a comment on myspace wondering what I was doing this weekend. I missed your call yesterday I think T. I was out in Richmond hanging out with my dad. Spending those last few hours of summer just getting through without wanting to duct tape my children to the wall.
So what's on tap for this long weekend, of which one day is already gone? Today was spent getting all ready to head to the campground for just the day and spend it with my dad and grandparents. Until we had a blowout leaving our driveway, right in front of our house. Seriously. After major time spent just changing to the spare and then driving 40 miles an hour to get to my brother's work, that plan of getting there by 1pm was shot to hell. But I am sporting to new tires on the mini. Both tires were ready to just explode, so I'm very thankful that it happened at home and not on the e-way at 11pm when I'm on my way home from work. Bad car owner. Bad.
We did make it to the campground, albeit 3 hours later than I expected. Lots of talking and hanging out with two of my aunts, two of my uncles, my grandparents, my dad. I really enjoyed myself. And sitting by the fire I just got hit by the grief monster and absolutely sobbed. I tried to be quiet but I couldn't hold it in. It was wracking and awful. I missed my mom like crazy at that moment. I miss her always, but at times like that when I'm with her sisters and maybe their voices lilt a certain way or a certain expression comes over their faces, I see and hear her. And missing her just punches me in the gut. I've never been so outward about it in front of them, but it was just hard to ignore and I sobbed. And then I saw the most beautiful sunset on the way home and sobbed some more.
Tomorrow? Checking and re-checking school supplies. Going out and buying pants for my son who has skipped a whole size over the summer. And maybe just grabbing some time to relax.
Monday, getting the kids ready for school and making sure everything is in place. I'll be exhausted by the time I drop them off!
What's up with all of you out in blog land?
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Long Weekend Update
Posted by Jen at 10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Okay, the tire issue is one that both Ryan and I have been discussing. Our van needs tires badly before the snow flies (which up here is very soon) and yet we have yet to do it. Mostly my fault as Ryan keeps bugging me about it and I keep ignoring him. I think your blog may have given me the push to throw in the towel and pay for tires........
I'll email you later about the rest of your post. In the meantime, I luv ya!
Post a Comment