I actually had to pay for some milk this weekend. And it about killed me. And my husband knew it (hi honey). Our girls were spending the night with my aunt and uncle and I wanted to make sure they had enough milk. So I bought a half gallon at a grocery store, rather than CVS. Oh the drama. To use my debit card to actually purchase milk! The thought.
I'm being really frugal lately. And it's paying off. I go in my tote a lot to get things out that we need to use. I no longer pay for razors, shampoo, band aids, toothpaste, and many other health and beauty products for Steve or myself. I share with friends and family.....my dad, my sister Melissa, my brother and his girlfriend, and two other friends have been recipients of lots of freebies. My sister Kate should be able to take a bunch of stuff back with her at Christmas time. I unloaded some freebies onto a girl at work. And I even gave Melissa a bag to donate to a shelter. And my kids teachers will have plenty of baby wipes, hand sanitizer and tissues from my family!
I hit the mother load at Rit.e A.id today. They are doing a new promotion where each person in your house can transfer up to 4 scripts and get 4 $30 gift cards between now and November. And since our family has been turning into medicine freaks that is going to work out nicely. Sorry CVS, but Rit.e A.id is getting my pharmacy business until this promotion is over.
Then I take those gift cards and turn that into rebate items and voila...a check hits my mailbox about a month later. An actual check that turns into cash. By using coupons and shopping the sales they are paying ME to take the items off their shelves people! No joke.
So I turned just $3 of my first transfer gift card into four bags of stuff, including some school supplies that the kids needed. And I entered my receipt for a rebate and I'll get an additional $5 back on my August rebate. Ridiculous isn't it? Any of you out there using those websites that I've talked about in other posts? Doing any good deals or feeling like you are being much more money/shopping savvy? I'd love to hear about it! And if you find a website with great deals shoot me an email or leave a comment.
I feel bad that I've paid full price or went without prior to this. What was I thinking?
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Too Cheap To Pay For Milk, Too Bad
Posted by Jen at 12:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have no idea how this CVS thing works since I have none around here. It sounds like it is working out for you though.
I have no idea how this CVS thing works since I have none around here. It sounds like it is working out for you though.
Post a Comment