This is the bad mommy blog. Let me preface it by saying, I LOVE MY CHILDREN.
Now that I have that out of the way I can say it. THEY ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!
Whew, glad I got that off my chest. We were talking about it at work last night and the moms with kids grown and gone were chuckling with us. They remember those days and they agreed that they all felt the same way. By the end of August they were either pulling their hair out or losing their voices from screaming at their children.
I'm not the world's best mother. But I am the best mother I can be for my children and I try hard to do things correctly with them and for them. But I am at my wits end at this time of year. They are bored of me. Bored of swimming. The library. The crafts. The activities. The running around. They want to lay around like little blobs and watch TV all day long. And by this time of the summer I'm so over being cruise director, entertainer, referee that I will let them do just about anything short of hurting themselves or each other for just five minutes of peace and quiet.
Please let September roll in and then I'll deal with missing the little buggers when they are safely placed within their school. But please, can't it just get here already?
Thursday, August 28, 2008
I don't know how many more sleeps it is but somebody better get back to school, AND QUICK!
Posted by Jen at 10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This post cracks me up. Just wait, in about 2 week you will be sitting home in a quiet house all by yourself. Even though part of you will be loving the quiet, the other parts of you will be saying that its TOO quiet........
Post a Comment