I love the shopping. The thrill of the deal. The rush after the purchase. And it's even better when I am shopping for someone else, with their coupons, and I make money off it. Thank you, please come again!
Headed into CVS yesterday for my last trip on the current ad. Needed dog food and Pri.losec. Had great coupons and ended up paying $20 out of pocket for both items. Not a bad price at all when I figure that the Pri.losec alone was priced at just under $30 and it's an item that my husband uses almost daily. We are all set for that med for the month. Love it.
Since I was there and my sister was out of town (again!) I had her send me her coupons so I could do some shopping for her. I bought the following...
2 Crest toothpastes $2.49 each
3 Oral B Advantage toothbrushes $2.49 each
Price before coupons 12.45 (w.o tax)
Coupons used:
$2 off $10 purchase
5 $1 off each product from last weeks paper
ECB $4.99
total OOP $.79 (taken from a rx transfer gift card)
ECBs spit back out out me? $7.50. The way I figure it? Melissa gets all of that stuff and I have $2.51 more in ECBs that when I walked in the door and I only spent .79 oop. And the cashiers? They love it. Most applaud when they realize what's happening. And for real, I'm a CVS regular. They missed me at my usual CVS this week and asked where I had been. I had to tell them that I used another CVS because theirs was out of paper at the scanner thingy so I couldn't get my $5/$25 coupons. They wondered where I had been all week! Ha.
People, seriously. They are giving the stuff away. Sometimes, like the above transaction, paying me to take it out the door. It's all about the right coupons and doing the deals the correct way. Do not spend your hard earned money on health and beauty items. Coupons coupons coupons!!!
Anyone want me to do your shopping for you?
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Money Maker Shopping Trip
Posted by Jen at 7:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment