It's eight sleeps (including tonight) until my kids need to wake up and head to school for their first day of 4th and 1st grades. What happened to summer? And when did my kiddos get old enough for 4th grade and 1st grade?
Their teacher assignments came in the mail Saturday. Love that. They did that on purpose so that no one could call right away and ask questions. And I have big questions that are just itching to be asked. My son has a teacher who for at least ten years was the media teacher. The man may never have been in front of an assigned classroom before. He will probably be excellent, especially for my voracious reader of a kid. But I question his credentials. And why the switch? Because they are starting a new special class and needed to dedicate the teacher Stephen was supposed to have to that special (some geography thing). Gotta love school districts trying to make changes on a shoe string budget.
The girls have great teachers. Nothing unexpected there. I did realize that I will have three children going in and coming out of three different doors. How will I manage that? My first graders are not going to go in the same door? Um, problem. But since I'm the only mom of first grade twins I guess it's up to me to figure it out. What do I do? Stephen will already be in the school doing his service job, so he can't walk Allison to her door. But he can wait for her after school if he comes out on time. I'll have to park on the busy side of the school rather than the not so busy side like last year. Our meeting spot will change. Ugh, new routines to set up. But I have to figure it out and I'm not comfortable leaving Ang to find her way without me being too close. I guess I'll have some questions at the meet-n-greet on Thursday. I'm hoping someone can find a way to accommodate me accordingly. Probably not going to happen though. It's going to make me anxious. Yikes!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
8 Sleeps
Posted by Jen at 12:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Intersting post. 3 doors for 3 different kids? How big is this school? I hate the switching teachers to new assignments. I even remember that when we were in school and how it always seemed to be a disaster in the first few years. Ugh.
Post a Comment