CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 03, 2008

Mish, Mash, This, That

Well, our household may be back to the land of the living. All the chitlins are in school today. I am at home doing whatever people do who don't work during the day. Steve is at work. Aaaaah, normalcy reigns over chaos for the moment.

I'm sleeping with only one interruption per night. And I am getting more sleep than I've gotten in a year. Oh the love of it. I actually look forward to sleeping. And I agree with my cousin, fixing the problems with my health will probably result in me returning to a normal sleep pattern without any drugs. Although....I do love me some am*bien. I could so be that girl.

Saturday I should have my mom's treadmill sitting in the middle of my tiny ass house. No one has used it in over ten months. I'm just borrowing it until May. Then I plan on getting my booty outside and exercising out there. I'm actually considering purchasing a bike. OMG. I haven't ridden a bike in forever.

Lifestyle changes are going good. Went out to Red Robin with the in-laws on Saturday. I was the only one at the table who ate healthy. And I didn't have to fake it. What I ate was really good. I haven't screwed up yet. I'm down at least three pounds. Trying to take it in ten pound increments but my goal is to lose 60. Sounds ambitious but I will not be on meds for the rest of my life because my dumb ass doesn't know how to eat right. And the changes are trickling down to the fam. Yes, I will turn into that annoying girl who used to down the most fatty things ever and liters of Coke and now actually reads the label and eats fruit. Who'd a thunk it? Me and fruit having a relationship?

I realize I love food. But it's just not working for me. I'm battling it again and probably will forever!

1 comments:

Just a Chick in Michigan said...

I admit, I have a love affair with food. I hate it, I love it. I need more of it. In fact, right now I'm thinking about eating Sweet & Sour Chicken from the local Chinese food palace. But...then reality creeps into my brain - you've done so well! Don't do it! And eventually, I end up agreeing with my brain. The moral of my story is that even though it is hard to say no, or make different choices, in the end it WILL be worth it. And yes, it is a life-long battle for some of us lucky ones. Stay strong cousin!! I'm here for you!