I'm doing well with the eating changes I've made. I guess the best way to sum it up is eating healthy and calculating calories, protein and fat. I can honestly say nothing "bad" has passed my lips in over a week except Di.et Co.ke. And even that has been reduced greatly. I'm not finding the need for caffeine since I'm sleeping better. Yah!
I'm not into the trick dieting. I am just taking it each meal at a time and getting in all those servings of fruit and veggies. And because I'm eating better the whole family is eating better. I'm really impressed with them. Stephen is still lacking in all fruits and veggies except applesauce and bananas. Although I will say it was a momentous occasion this week when one carrot and one bean passed his lips and he didn't puke. I've ruined the child and I'm trying to fix him. It's not too late damn it.
Again this time the major change I've made is no food after dinner. We eat early so that means I go at least 13 hours between my dinner meal and my breakfast meal. I've feeling the grumbly tumbly which isn't so bad.
My blood tests may be the wake up call I've needed to make the difference this time. I hope. I'm down some weight, but I just used my home scale for the first time this week so next week's weigh in will be the true test. I feel like those first few pounds are all water weight, but how much 10 pounds? A woman I work with swears this is true. All I know is my rings are no longer stuck on my hands at certain points of the day and I can tell that my sodium intake is way down.
Each time I want to eat something horrible I think of those tests. I have to show a difference when I get retested in three months. I will not settle for anything less. And the only thing I'm missing is pizza, but the thought of putting my body through that much fat almost makes me ill. I've been feeling a lot of energy since I'm not loaded down with all that junk food.
Friday, March 07, 2008
On My Way
Posted by Jen at 11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you tried making smoothies for the kids? Lily will eat any fruit (and even some vegetables if I sneak them in) if I make smoothies.
I have to admit, I'm pretty lucky in the fact that my boys will eat most fruits available to us. There are a few standy-by vegetable that are always eaten as well--corn is a favorite. (Its the meat that I can't get them to eat on a regular basis--wonder who they get that from?!?!)
Have you tried to get them to eat kiwi? My Mom loves them so she bought them, now she buys about a dozen at a time cause all 3 boys LOVE kiwi. I also know a friend who struggled with her kids eating fruits, so she let them go to a market and picked out any that they wanted to try. She said it worked!
And smoothies are a huge hit around here as well......but mine are usually the store bought kind that are probably not so good for them! (Unlike Heather's who are probably awesome tasting AND good for you!)
Post a Comment