CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Random Chaos

A busy weekend! I think I put more miles on the van this weekend than I do in a whole month. A trip to Metro to pick up Mav, who by the way is way taller than me now. He obviously has the Matusik gene for tallness running through his body. He called me on my cell and he sounded like an adult male. He's got his dad's sense of humor and he cracks me up. I totally embarrassed him when he got off the plane and slobbered all over him with kisses and hugs. Plus my tears. He put up with it like a good sport but I know he was embarrassed! I don't care, he'll never get too old for my hugs, kisses and I love yous.

Then a trip to Richmond and Port Huron with my Dad. Had to make a funeral home visit for Roger's grandma, my nephew's great-grandma. Not something I would normally do but since my mom isn't there to go with my dad it's up to one of us to go with him, at least that's how I feel. My dad took me out for lunch after and we spent some time just talking. We'll all be out there again on Thursday so the six kids can hang out and Dad can spend some time with Mav.

I have to get my Easter stuff accomplished. The good thing is Steve did our taxes this weekend so now I know exactly where we stand and I know now that I'm not saving up money to pay the federal government. We broke even which was not what I expected.....I figured we'd owe big time after the spring we had with job issues and stuff. Not the case! Love that. And now the check that comes this summer from the government to stimulate the economy? I am trying to figure out a way to put that in a Disney fund and get our family to Disney in the next year or so.

For the coming week? Short school week, kids have a big assembly on Wednesday that I'm going to and then helping with stuff after. Saturday my mother-in-law is treating all of us to an indoor water park excursion and Sunday my Dad will come over for Easter dinner. Sounds like a full week!

0 comments: