CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Lunch Time Musings

I just finished my lunch after I went grocery shopping this morning. On the menu for lunch today was

  • a banana
  • a yogurt (60 cal light)
  • two slices of light bread toasted, spread very lightly with some kind of butter substitute
  • 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
  • green peppers and onions fried up in just a dash of oil

That is actually a hell of a lot of food. I couldn't finish it all. The cottage cheese was gross today. I love cottage cheese. It's one of my main staples of dairy/protein. But the kind I bought is very yuck tasting and will be used for my lasagna this week instead of plain old eating. I also couldn't finish the yogurt. I don't usually use any oil or butter since the results of my cholesterol tests, but I had a slight splurge today because I really wanted those vegetables. And they were yummy.

This wasn't my usual lunch but it's not far off. I felt pretty good after eating it. I also started back on some vitamins two weeks ago. I have noticed something that I never realized I was missing. My nails. They look beautiful for the most part and are growing really long, save for the two I broke. A nice benefit of getting healthy!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You had me till green peppers and onions.... Are you on a diet or are you keeping a secret?? Hahahhaa!

Theresa said...

Dude, your lunch menu shames my mostly chicken salad sandwiches, bagels, or the occasional fast-food french fries.