Spring break started yesterday. I have a hard time with this because it certainly doesn't feel like spring. It needs to be much warmer for me to think of it as spring. It's still freakin' winter. In fact, at one point I think we were still expecting snow this weekend. It's just not right.
My 8 year old could drive me completely crazy over break. He's very mouthy the past few days. Time to take him down a few pegs. He's good kid and I mostly can't complain except when he turns into Satan's Sassy Spawn. Then I complain all I want.
Each of the kids were top readers in their class for "March is Reading". Extremely fun and competitive. They were treated to a special lunch that I helped volunteer at and recognized at their March assembly.
We passed ten months this week without my mom. It feels like a day some days and years others. I miss her. I still want to call her every day. But I can still hear her voice in my head saying "Hi Jen, it's Mom," in the way she would say it. Comforting and excruciating at the same time.
Diet? Going well. I'll see Monday how I did for the past four weeks. I'm not sure what to expect on their scale. Maybe 13 pounds? I'm hoping. I switched to caffeine free diet coke. I miss my caffeine.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Spring Break and Other Stuff
Posted by Jen at 12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment