CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Whether you loved him or hated him...

Taylor Hicks is now the newest American Idol winner. Freaky weird soul patrol bullshit.

Now I personally liked him. Except when he sounded like he should be at the Peach Pit singing karaoke, which was often. (Anyone out there remember the Peach Pit? Or are you too ashamed to admit that we hung out there a blue moon ago??? At least I think it was called the Peach Pit. Whatever.)

Taylor kind of reminds me of one of my uncles. I think it's the gray hair. Anyway, I wouldn't have been happy with either him or Katharine. I wanted Chris to win damn it. And we all know that didn't happen.

They could have shortened that show to a quarter of what it was tonight. Did Prince really make an appearance? And why could I not understand a word Toni Braxton was singing.

The one part I was really happy with was when they brought that cowboy dude back. The one that they basically sent to Hollywood because he'd never been far from home. I loved the fact that he had the balls to get up on that stage and sing in front of a few thousand people at the Kodak. Good for him.

And good for you too Taylor Hicks. You are the next American Idol.

But will you follow in Rueben or Fantasia's footsteps? Or will you make it big like Kelly and Carrie??

0 comments: