I had my first comment today. "Have you guys lost some weight. It looks like you have." Directed at Steve and myself from Steve's uncle who hasn't seen us since Christmas. He can sometimes be a little out there but I was really excited to have someone ask. I can tell in my clothes but it's nice to have someone think you've lost weight. Then again, they also noticed that you were fat in the first place.
This week's People magazine features people who have lost weight the all-natural way. I only had an extra 60 pounds on my frame (now less than 50 extra!) but it amazes me to hear of stories of people who've had to go through 2 years or more of major dieting to get down to an acceptable weight. I figure my weight loss will take between 6-8 months. That's not bad. I'm glad that I'm not so morbidly obese that I have to lose half of myself to get back in shape. But I'm still pissed that I let myself get this way in the first place.
Each time I weigh in on Fridays and note that week's current weight I tell myself it's the last time I'll be that weight. This is for the rest of my life. I never want to have to lose so much weight that it takes me months to do it.
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Someone notices
Posted by Jen at 7:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment