CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Feeling good

The diet is going well this week. I've had a few snacks here and there but nothing in abundance. I'm confident that I'll be seeing a loss when I weigh in Friday. Every few days I notice some slight differences in how my clothes are fitting. That's all good.

I was watching a small spot on binge eating on GMA yesterday. One of the ladies featured made a pretty important remark. Something to the effect of how she tells herself that it's okay to eat one of something, but that there is no need to eat three or four of them. She reminds herself that the food will be there again a different day and she can have another one. I think that's pretty relevant to today's over eaters. The food isn't going anywhere, you can always make more. So why gorge yourself? Something I'll be keeping in the back of my mind.

One of my main problems was just simple over eating. No portion control at all. I don't have the type of metabolism that works well with that mindset. No more eating a jillion pieces of pizza when one or two will do just fine.

While I'm making these changes for myself I hope that I'm also showing my kids some good habits, without being a fanatical dieter. I try to not put too much emphasis on the "diet" aspect with them. Instead it's about making better choices and not gorging.

0 comments: