CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Seriously?


I am a freakin' dork. My cell phone and a toilet had a run-in yesterday. The cell phone lost the battle. Good for my husband. He got a phone that looks like the one at the top of the post as soon as I told him what happened. I switched my number to his old phone which was exactly like mine. I suck. I suck so bad that this is the second time in two years I have done this. Dropped my cell in a toilet. The first time I was talking on it. The second time, yesterday, I wasn't. The good news is that Steve changed the insurance plan to now cover water damage. That wasn't available before. I guess he figures three times is a charm. Dang it. I want a new phone now. Who drops their phone in a toilet twice?
Onto other news, today is pay day which means mega errands for me. Grocery shopping got done this morning. Now onto the post office, bank, two drugstores, the library and hair cut store (as my kids would say). Tomorrow? Doctor's appointment for me. Fun stuff!
And onto even other news, it looks like my job is falling victim to the economy. In the past week they have laid off/fired 15 people. Most of those people worked afternoons, where I am more of an evening shift person. But then we got word that they've tweaked the system and bills that we were billing are now being billed automatically. And they are rolling it out as of this week. If I have my job still this summer I'll be surprised. They will only need a handful of us to bill things that can't be auto billed and currently there are at least 40 of us there. I don't think I'll make the cut even though I am a rock star worker for them. We've been getting sent home early for a month. My four hour shift has been cut down to basically three each night. And that continued even after they laid off the 15 people. Not good people, not good. I'm not horribly concerned though because of my degree and the fact that we'll float for a while on unemployment. But I'm not happy. I've never been downsized like this so it's really getting to me. I work damn hard for them and there's no thanks in it. None at all. So what did I do? I called in last night. I've got no loyalty left in me. None. They can kiss my ass. There, I feel better saying that.
Off to run those errands......


0 comments: