CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Memories

I'm stuck in a time warp. Trying to live in the present and enjoy my family all while re-living days of yester-year. Memories involving my mom, my family growing up, old friends who pop up and bring with them special memories.

For today I'm just going to do some random memory highlights.....

  • Teen night at the pool. I remember having a lot of fun. A bunch of teenagers having small town fun that left me with big memories.
  • My mom saved everything. So many school memories. How good I was in school. But how awful I performed in 11th grade chemistry with Mrs. Wood. That was a whopper. I sucked.
  • A card I sent to my mom in 2006 telling her how much I love her and how proud I was of her. I'm glad she knew. I'm glad I took the time to write it down and tell her.
  • A family tree with my biological grandfather's family information. The grandpa I have who is living is my grandma's second husband and actually my mom's "step-father", although he is never referred to in this way. My biological grandfather died when my mom was 11, he died five days before Christmas almost exactly six months before his baby sister was to be married and left my grandma with four daughters. Here one moment, gone the next. His baby sister would die the same way in 2003. His oldest daughter, again the same, in 2007.
  • I love my mom books that Kevin made in his early school years. Sweet and loving.
  • Singing in the car to a cassette tape (remember those!) of the Judds while my mom was driving. I found a Judds CD at the house and am making my children learn those same songs now. They take me back to a time and place that make me smile and want to cry.

0 comments: