Last night at work I was soooo cranky. My work is the same pretty much every night. Not a lot of variety. I'm a biller for a major trucking company and we see the same stuff each night. Especially true for me since I bill one of the big three's bills. We are split up into teams and I sit next to a woman who does exactly what I do. So we chat throughout the night about what we are working on and the stupid stuff we see.
We have the ability to route the bills around to other queues. But there are reasons to do this. Stupidity is not one of them. And we can see who routes those bills to us. This one girl in another room on another team kept sending me crap that I was sending to her. Crap that she should have known how to deal with. By the end of the night I was tired and hungry. I wanted food and I was done eating for the day.
So airhead girl got the wrath of Jen. I went and found her and asked her what she was doing sending me those crappy bills. Her response? Well they weren't "mine". My response? My sign-on name is j******. When you see it at the bottom of your screen there is a reason. Do you know how to do the work in your queue?
She was not happy with me. I was not happy with her. I was hungry and I could have ate a small child for a snack and still been hungry and saucy.
I hate people at work that don't take ownership of the crap. Just do it, move on to the next one and leave it at work when your shift is over.
And no, I'm not management type material. My employees would hate me and I would find voo doo dolls in my desk, for sure.
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Ms. Cranky Pants
Posted by Jen at 11:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Girl, I feel your pain. I cannot STAND utter disregard for the use of one's own brain cells. I have no time for it in my day. I'm pretty sure I could go on and on about this, but I'm really trying to change my attitude and think positive thoughts. Even though thinking negative ones are WAY easier. My question...why can't people just be more like us?
Post a Comment