CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday, Wishing It Was Still Sunday

Another Monday, another full weekend. This weekend I scrapped with the girls (hey Alida & Jackie!). I had a good time but I missed Theresa (hey Louie!). These three are the ones I can owe my scrapping addiction to. My pages are no where near as awesome as Theresa's turn out, I don't have any where near the supplies that Jackie and Alida have, but I love me some scrappin' just the same. Sometimes though, I could do without the scrapping and just sit and talk with the girls all day long. Kind of like how guys go deer hunting and pretend to hunt when instead they sit around and drink all while scratching their you-know-whats all day.

Yesterday we did another few hours of yard work. Another five bags and two cans worth of yard waste waiting on Wednesday to roll around. The kids got into it so my yard is almost empty of sticks for at least another few days. The leafs? I think I won the battle but in the end they win the war when they fall again in October. Damn leafs.

Today I finished painting my kitchen cabinets. A few touch ups on what I had already done plus the ones I still had to do and I am done. They look good but now my kitchen looks so ready for some new paint on it's walls. I think I'm tackling that next month. Fun.

This weekend Steve and I have a date with the brush pile behind our garage. I am insisting that we paint the garage this summer and before we can do that we have to clean up the brush. It won't be fun but I will feel much accomplished if we can take care of it. I wonder how many critters we are going to displace by finally getting rid of it. And once I have the garage painted I will really feel good. Then when we put the pool up in about five weeks (!) I can look at a nicely painted garage, even if it is falling down around us.

0 comments: