CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Project Update


I've worked about 8 hours or so on this quilting project with my aunt. We are doing a memory quilt of my mom's clothes. There will actually be five when we are done but I'm working on mine and my brother's. The picture above is of some of the progress we've made. I realize it's a weird project and not something that everyone would be comfortable with. But there are only so many tangible things I can have of my mom's that mean something and after thinking about it for almost ten months I realized it was something that I did want. The above picture is a very rough rough rough start of my layout. We are doing a "quilt as you go" method on this one. Some of the items aren't cut yet so it looks very three dimensional. It really won't be that way when it's done. And the pictures I have in place are not being used like that. I am going to do 8x11 collages instead of just those two pics. More of my choices were ready to be placed but we ran out of time that day. I'm working on it one day a week and I think that this week I'll have a much better layout in place. I just hope I can get the pictures done in time. When I have my final layout done I'll try to do a post about the significance of some of the pieces that I chose.

0 comments: