CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Super Star Kids and A Sickness That Sucks

::Warning:: Proud mom about to brag. Don't read on if you don't want to hear how fabulous my kids are.

Stephen is just incredible. As report cards go his was another stellar one. I am having no issues with this kid right now. He's got the right mix of brains without being too nerdy (I think). He loves to read and just excels at most things that come across his desk at school. His teacher called him an extraordinary student. He is reading at a mid--fourth grade reading level at the beginning of second grade. Since Steve and I are both smart I'd like to think he got a mix of our intelligence. I can't claim it all.

Angelina is a crack-up. She had a cardiology check-up today and was not all that enthused about it. She let the medical staff know each step of the way. They say things like "this will tickle". She replies "that DID NOT tickle, it hurt". Or "Here we go, just a little hug" as they take her BP. Her reply, "that is not a frickin' hug". Okay, I admit I put in the frickin' part but we all know the little shit was thinking it. Gotta love her.

Allison. What a Miss Priss. She insisted on wearing a crown to the hospital today for Angelina's appt. Everywhere she goes people stop and comment about the cute little princess. Trying to get her share of the attention or have I actually convinced her that she is a princess in her own right? Can you say T-R-O-U-B-L-E as she heads to those teen years?

By the way, we are all sick with the same crud. Within twelve hours all five of us fell victim to a really crappy flu like cold thing. I thought I was feeling better. I'm soooo not feeling better. But I'm getting done what is absolutely necessary and letting the rest go until we feel better.

0 comments: