Toilet Paper?
We all know Allison is my princess girl. Diva-in-training. Where does she get it from? Who the heck knows! It must be something innate rather than hereditary.
Last night she was trying to remove some junk from her nose, by herself. She decided the best way to do this was to take a hunk of toilet paper, ball it up and shove it up her nostril. The toilet paper ball then found it's way further up her nose. Past where I could see it.
She's in a panic, I'm calm and collected but know that it can't sit in her nose forever. Steve calls his mom (who is a nurse and helps us out as our first line of defense in most of these situations).
I'm thinking ER trip and a long skinny pair of hospital tweezers to get the thing out. My mother-in-law says it will decompose and she'll be fine. Steve wanted to believe his mom and just get the darn kids in bed so we could relax. I was with him too but couldn't help thinking I was going to be driving to Royal Oak instead! This was all happening right at bedtime last night.
While I made a call to the on-call pediatrician Steve took matters into his own hands. The solution to our toilet paper problem was fixed with a straw. I'll let you figure out how he did it. It was gross but it saved me a trip and unnecessary medical bills. Steve to the rescue!
You can bet that all of my kids were lectured on not putting things up their noses, etc.
But you know what? She takes after her father....he stuck a craft pom-pom up his nose when he was a kid and it got stuck. His mom ended up taking him the ER to have it removed.
Like father like daughter?!?
Monday, November 06, 2006
The Princess and The....
Posted by Jen at 1:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment