CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Bully

There's this kid. You know the one, thinks he's tough crap and knows it all. He's the one that my kid has been dealing with for the past three years non-stop. They tried to be friends. Didn't work. Stephen tried to ignore him. Didn't work. This kid is either pushing himself on my kid all the time or making Stephen's life hell at school.

Today Stephen came home disgusted with the kid. I've tried over the past three years to play it off as the kid is just a jerk, stay away from him. But jerky kid seems to be getting in Stephen's face more and more. As a parent, you don't want to raise a tattle tail. Nor do I want the push-over or the bully for a child.

I've decided that a call to the teacher is in order. The adults in the school need to be made aware of the situation. I keep telling Stephen just to stay away from bratty kid. But at what point should bratty kid be disciplined for being more than a brat? He's turning into a bully.

It doesn't take violence to be a bully. This kid is on the small side and so far it's not physical, just verbal and psychological. I want to tell my kid to do what we would have done twenty years ago. Kick bratty kid's ass.

Except in Stephen's generation a good ass kicking will earn him a suspension from his second grade class for a couple of days and a mark on his permanent record. Bratty bully kid is not worth it. But if the adults at the school don't get a handle on the situation eventually someone will end up getting suspended for finally being fed up with the bully brat.

How much crap can your kids take? Don't we all have our breaking point? And as seven year olds it hard to understand why the little brat is nice one day and a bully the next. He's like Sybil in a second graders body.

If Stephen was the one acting this way I would sure like to know so I could do my best as a good parent to teach my child how to treat others.

Then again, I've already done a damn good job because I know my kid isn't the one being the bully. But he sure is putting up with enough baloney from bully bratty kid.

I think I've reached my limit too. Let's see what tomorrow's discussion with the teacher brings me. Pisses me off that I have to take away time from education/classroom prep so I can have my son's teacher deal with this issue.

0 comments: