Today, two days before Thanksgiving 2006, I'm thinking of the things in my life that I am thankful for....
- my family....hard-working and comedic husband, three smart kiddos, and parents who are there for me.
- my jobs. In this economy I'm lucky enough to have found two jobs that fit into the schedule of a stay-at-home mom and still make it worth my while to leave my family to make money.
- my husband's job. It keeps paying the bills and gives us good health insurance.
- the medical staff who worked hard to make sure my girls would be here to celebrate their first Thanksgiving and each and every one that has followed and will follow.
- Melissa and Kate, my sisters. I know they are only a phone call away.
- Alida and Theresa, life-long friends. An email or phone call and time slips away.
And the silly things I'm thankful for....
- cappuccino from Speedway. It's cheap but oh so tasty on my drive to work.
- fountain soft-drinks in styrofoam cups with lots of ice.
- Chili's chips and salsa. No other kind compares.
- my mp3 player which makes work so much more bearable.
- the much-anticipated arrival of our new DVR. I may work at night but I'll easily be able to record and watch the shows I'm missing. No more commercials!
- my library card and library website. My love of books and reading never ends. Where would I be without these two things? And the website is so convenient. Love it.
- my weekly indulgence of People magazine.
Our family will be having dinner with Steve's family this year. On Saturday we'll hopefully catch up with my family. But where ever we are, whatever we are doing you can be sure we'll be giving thanks and enjoying our time together.
0 comments:
Post a Comment