CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Liar Liar

Pants on Fire. I'm a big fat liar. We are all still stinkin' sick. Some of us are so sick that we've had doctor appointments. Now, that wouldn't include me. I'm holding onto what little mommy immunity (as Theresa calls it!) and sanity I have left. I'm sick along with the rest of them, just not as sick. The lesser of the sick. For the love of God.

The lowdown.....Allison was so not herself the past two days. Then out of the blue she tells me the pain in her ear is a "10". Okay fine. An ear infection I can deal with. Quick call to the ped, short trip, and we were actually seen before our appt time. No ear infection. But she has a nice sinus infection and earned herself two weeks of antibiotics along with her sucker and sticker. Oh yippee. But again, that I can deal with.

Five hours later, Angelina is complaining of ear pain. The child has ear tubes but I see no drainage. Her complaints are minimal and she's not looking puny. But I'm on the lookout for more clues. Not only am I a Dr. Mom, I'm also a Detective Mom. If she appears to be icky yucky sick then I will call and get a script for her too. But I'm not taking her and wasting my co-pay. They can call in an Rx for me, damn it. I think the money they've earned from my kids alone in seven years has bought at least one Mercedes and put a couple of their kids through college.

Next, (I know you are thinking ok so you are all sick get over it lady) Steve actually broke down and went to the doctor. The man never goes to the dr. I think he's been to the dr three times in eight years. Just. Doesn't. Go. To. The. Doctor. Ever. But he did today. Dx? Severe bronchitis (as opposed to the not so severe kind?!?!). For the past four weeks. Nice one honey. I knew a doctor appt was in his future when he woke up the other night and I seriously thought I was going to have to call 911 and have him taken to the hospital because he just couldn't breathe. I woke him up out of a not-so-sound sleep and made him take a breathing treatment because his breathing was so tight. See, I'm a doctor wife too. He earned himself not only antibiotics but also steroids and an inhaler for those emergency situations when he can't breathe and he's not at home to use the nebulizer. At home he's been instructed by the doctor to use the nebulizer. Good....I've got a whole closet full of albuterol and pulmicort just waiting for him.

So that's the health update of our fam. I'm not mentioning Stephen and myself because I just don't want to jinx us. I'm toughing this one out....unless four weeks go by and I need breathing treatments too.

Thank God for Blue Cross Blue Shield. Instead of spending a whole fortune this week in medical bills I think I only spent my kids' inheritance.

0 comments: