CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Show The Vote

Steve and I voted fairly early this morning. We had to stand in line for about fifteen minutes before casting our vote. We took the kiddos with us because they had election day off, as usual in our school district.

The kids were excited to be there. My son will vote in 11 years for the first time. And in twelve years time he will cast his first vote for a president. That was a huge topic of conversation at dinner.

My girls had to stand with me at the polling place and make sure that I voted for who I had been telling them I was going to. I showed them my ballot and explained it to them. Angelina loudly annouced that she was happy that I was voting for "****" and that "was who she would vote for too if she could vote."

The kids school had a vote yesterday. Angelina matched my vote. Stephen and Allison matched who Steve was going to vote for until he changed his mind....although they didn't realize it. They were bummed when they got home and realized that their votes at school didn't match what their dad was going to do today.

So we showed our kids the voting process. And showed/explained to them who we were voting for and answered their questions as best as we could. History in our household. The last time I voted Stephen would have been five and the girls just three.

0 comments: