There's in initiative going on right now for 30 days of blogging through some site. I'm thinking of doing it without signing up. Just getting on my little ole blog and blogging away.
Today I'm nervous. I may find out today or tomorrow if I get the job that I interviewed for last week. An interview literally fell in my lap just hours after I decided enough was enough. I was sick of the fact that I'm underpaid and not appreciated at my current job. The hours are getting to me. I want to be home at night with my family and not have to choose between work and basketball games or school activities. I want insurance for my family in case we don't have any through Steve's work. I want to earn vacation days and personal days. I want a job where in the future there may be a promotion or advancement of some kind. Oh, and a raise. I want a job that actually gives you a raise. I've made the same amount at my current job for five years. I want a real job.
With those wants also comes the fact that my children will be with sitters. Sitters after school. Sitters during the summer. Sitters at holiday breaks. Sitters on non-school days. I will have to entrust them to family members, friends and non-family/friends. I will have to sign them up for latchkey. I will have to depend on other people for their well being a few hours a day.
Whether it's this job possibility or another, I'm going to make a change. A change that involves more money and stability for our family versus time with my children and being that semi-stay at home mom. The mom who can volunteer at the drop of a hat. The mom who is there to take her kids to school and always pick them up. The mom that is the non-working mom.
It's just not happening any more. This economy, this life, this future that I envision for my family. Getting out of the ghetto eventually. Buying a second car that doesn't have a ton of miles on it. That all involves putting up and shutting up and working for real.
I'm excited to do it and nervous as hell. My kids have been very lucky and so have I. We have had over seven years together.
It's time for a change.
Monday, November 03, 2008
30 Days of Blogging? No Problem
Posted by Jen at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Go for it Jen! No Mom wants to have to leave her kids with someone else. They are lucky to be as old as they are and to have you home. Go for that job! The kids will be alright. Good luck!
Good for you Jen, what an exciting time in your life! A new job is always scary and intimidating, but at the same time very liberating. You go Princess!!!
Best of luck Jen!
Post a Comment