CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Queen of the List

I've got to admit. I've got mad skillz when it comes to making lists and executing them. I do get a bit antsy and dramatic about the list (who me? drama?). But when the items are completed and the list is all crossed off....ahhhhh life is good.

My tomorrow (or would that be today?) is one big list. Most of it centers around the kids and what is needed for them, or actually me so that I feel better about going off to work on Tuesday. And then there is stuff for me. Like shopping for black pants and shoes. Casual work attire. They supply coats, shirts, fleece items but I have to have black pants and shoes to work in. Love the fact that I won't have to figure out what to wear every day. I can wear the heck out of black pants. Love it. No skirts and nylons to mess with. Although I have invested in some black tights to wear because I am freakin' cold all the time.

Anyway, the list. Things like latchkey paperwork. Emails to teachers and secretaries. Prepping menus and dinner for the week. Laundry. Buying dog food, milk and bread. Enough to last for a week. Calling Daisy parents. Picking up scripts. Making drug store runs for my Sunday papers.

And I'm hoping to fit in a coffee run somewhere and maybe even a Veteran's Day parade with the fam. No football on until 4pm so it looks like I'll have cooperation without having to fight the TV time on Sunday in my house.

The one thing missing from the list? Cleaning. I better recruit the troops to do about an hour of housework so that things stay in shape around here. I'm really lucky that things are usually looking good. We fight the dust battle every day. And the laundry too. But I don't usually have to fight major cleaning crap. Everyone does their part in keeping up the house. And I'm not about to lose that since I won't be here.

The one thing I'm worried about besides the kids? The dog. He is used to being out and about with me all day in the house. We still crate him when we leave. I'm thinking about blocking off the kitchen and leaving him in there all day from now on. Any thoughts? I just feel like the workday is too long to leave him in that crate of his. And how sad is he going to be without me all day? He's my shadow. My buddy. I can see some major depression coming from him this week.

Back to the list.....

2 comments:

Alida said...

The dog will be fine. He is a dog. Time is the same to him. We got rid of Ceaser's crate when he was 4 and he did fine. So I think it would be okay to let him loose.

Good luck on the new job!

Theresa said...

I will say the crate thing will either go really good or really bad. Some dogs, like Ceaser, seem to do fine. Bue believe me, I have heard horrow stories......and I have lived through Trudie and her horrible seperation anxiety--and she wasn't even crated! But hopefully your dog isn't as spoiled and mental as our little girl!!