CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Full Two Weeks & Growing Pains

Yesterday was the end of my first two weeks on the job. I'm still loving it. Life is different now and much busier. Steve and I are muddling through the growing pains of me at a new job. I'm loving the job and the customer service part. He's kind of sick of me talking about my job all the time. So, we are trying to find that balance. We've had some discussions and I think that we'll both get it right soon enough. He ends his current job this week on Wednesday and starts up his new one December 8. Lots of changes around here. He also gets two weeks off at Christmas. (yeah for him, but I'm totally jealous of that!) But that also means the kids won't have to have a sitter this Christmas break or any Christmas break for that matter....his work shuts down at Christmas on purpose!

The kids seem to be adjusting. I miss them and they miss me. I'm pretty tired at the end of the day and barely make it past 9 or 10pm without absolutely falling out. Steve has been a trooper and does almost all of the work around here. He needs to leave something for me to accomplish!

I really fought going back to work full time for a loooong time. But this is the right job for me and there is a lot of potential there for promotions and just plain old good stuff for our family. My co-workers are nice and a lot of fun to work with all day. The environment is a good one. And the store I work at is the #1 store in the company. That means lots of bonuses heading my way for just doing a top notch job each quarter. Finally, I'm back with a company that values and rewards it's employees.

Ever need any work done on your vehicles? Let me know and I'll hook you up with us!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Been wondering how the job has been going.

Camp Runamuk said...

Sounds like you found a place to work for a long time. Great!