CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 05, 2008

The Weekend Report

The start of the garage project? That project is going to bite my ass. It wasn't as easy as I anticipated to get the old paint off the garage. I think we are going with the whole minimal effort theory now. It'll look better than it does now but it probably won't be done as perfect as it should be. And I'm okay with that. Damn it. It's hopefully getting painted two weekends from now barring any weather issues.

In other house work news, this week and next our city will pick up anything for garbage /recycling except household hazardous waste. I love that. The nice thing too, much of the stuff gets put out to the road but the scavengers come by and pick it up the night before and recycle it themselves. It's a win win for everybody. I just have some wood and concrete to go out and my yard waste will be completely gone. I'm loving that. Major improvement for my yard.

I walked about three miles today with one of my friends. It went so quick and I forgot how good it feels to be out in this weather and getting some real exercise. I'm picking up the pace with the exercising because my weight loss kind of plateaued for a few weeks. I'm down another two pounds but I was hoping to be two pounds further this week and it doesn't look like I'll accomplish that without a major act of God. But no gain is a good week so I'll go with it. My doctor was mightily impressed and congratulated me too. Yah for me. I'm no longer having some symptoms that I was having for a while and I feel pretty good. My sleep? That area still sucks. I've tried three different meds and each has come with it's own set of issues. I think that I just have to lose more weight and exercise more to get my sleep back in alignment. Oh, and drop all forms of caffeine from my diet.

Today my brother and sister turn 22. Happy Birthday Kate!! I miss ya!!

0 comments: