CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Murphy's Law Can Go Suck An Egg

Why is it when life is really starting to get good and you know that this week you'll have some fat cash to do all those home improvement projects something happens? And by something I mean something major. Something so major that it could take all that fat cash and then some to fix the problem.

We live in a fairly mid-age house. I mean, it's not from the 1800s, but it's also not brand new. Built in the late 50s in a ghetto subdivision, the houses around me are all from the same year or so. And when built the planners all put trees up at the end of the front yard. Those trees then grew roots (imagine that) that then invaded the pipes. You see where I'm headed with this? When we moved in seven years ago we had plumbers out and had our pipes snaked after having water shooting up out of my laundry room pipes all while the kitchen sink would fill when you washed clothes. Since then? No problems.

On Saturday we started to have issues. You can't flush the toilet, wash dishes, do laundry or take a shower at the same time as of Saturday. You can't even do two of those things at the same time. Yet, you can still do one of those things without issue everything goes down. Slowly goes down in terms of the shower emptying but it does go down the drain. So I didn't have an emergency plumber visit. I waited until today and the dude is on his way.

That means one of two things. We have a broken pipe somewhere or our pipes have to be snaked out. If it's the snaking thing then that is so not a big deal and is cheap to fix. If it's a broken pipe? That means my front yard will be tore up and my fat cash will now go to the plumber instead of The Magical Kingdom in December. And my yard will look like many on my block after a session with Mr. Rooter.

I'd like working pipes but damn, I was really looking forward to Mickey Mouse, nice weather in December and seeing the looks on my kids' faces as we travel to Florida. Double damn.


Update to the drain problem: He came, he saw nothing, he snaked and still nothing. More snaking (this time out to the road instead of from the clean-out to the house). And whammo bammo thank you mammo. He finally starting seeing flow and we were back in business. Much more snaking ensued, two hours, $340 later and I now have a house that drains. The tree roots were of course the culprits. Damn damn triple damn tree roots. They screwed up my whole day. I now have to fit in some errands and figure out if Ang should really see the pediatrician for what is a possible real or imagined ear infection. This Monday isn't exactly shaping up so stinkin' great.

1 comments:

Theresa said...

Isn't that SOOOO the way it goes? There is always something. But you can look at it the other way as well: When you are in a panic cause you really need money and see no money coming in your future, and then something happens and that money comes to you? I'm glad that it was only a snake job for you. Save the rest of that money and plan to see Mickey!!