Today was the big grocery shopping trip that I do twice a month. And I realized something. I am a grocery freak.
While I'm putting the groceries in the basket I try to keep them separated by freezer/fridge or non fridge items. When I put them on the conveyor? I really separate them. Meats with meats. Cheeses together, canned foods together, misc items at the very end, big items stay under the cart and get scanned. And yes, I still keep all of my cold things together and place them at the very front of the conveyor.
I spend about $250-$300 when I go shopping. And when I come home I want to be done. Done done done. And I've learned that it is much easier to get done if everything can go to it's place rather quickly. I take one bag to either the fridge, cupboards or pantry and put everything away in that spot, because that's how it was packed by the checkout person. Because that's how I put it on the conveyor. Because I have this freakish tendency to want to over organize my groceries. Because that's how I roll.
So what freakishly weird organizing things do you do? Am I the only one who goes to this extreme with her groceries? I can take it, it's okay if you tell me I'm over the top on this one.
But damn if it didn't take me about five minutes to put all those groceries away and now I have to blog about it. Ta da.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Because I'm A Freak Like That
Posted by Jen at 10:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment