Happy Mother's Day to all of you mom's out there. I want to give a huge Mother's Day Shout Out to my three best friends......
We'll go alphabetical order here, as I love them all the same.....
First, to Alida. You work your butt off and go to activities with your kids. If it's not scouts, it's school activities or field trips. If it's not work, then you are with the kiddos. You take them on vacations and give them lots of opportunities to explore and become independent little creatures, more so than I do with my kids. Happy Mother's Day Cousin!
Next, Jackie. Jackie waited longer for her kiddos than any of us and is about to become a mom for the second time to Baby Clare in just a few weeks. Her heart is huge and the love she gives to Nicholas is inspiring. I can't wait to meet the new baby girl and see Jackie hard at work with her second little one. On top of being mommy, Jackie makes sure that her family is supported through her full-time job. Happy Mother's Day Jackie!
And last, Theresa. Theresa is that all-American mom. She is busting her chops right now and showcasing her intelligence to all of us as she makes her way through nursing school in her 30s. That means a lot of school time versus time with her three boys. But when she is with them she is that super duper mom that makes the rest of us look bad. She takes them on adventures with her to school, she volunteers at their classes, she has that incredible one-on-one time with Josh when she can get it. And she works hard to get those straight As so one day can be a nurse who is just as incredible. Theresa has so much to give those boys and her hard work pays off because they are an awesome trio of boys. Happy Mother's Day Louie!
I'm surrounded by moms. Some of them are my age, some are younger, some are my aunts and one is my Grandma. This Mother's Day is my first without my mom. Last Mother's Day was the last day I saw my own mother alive. The emotions are running high and I'm taking some me time today to just hang out and relax. But my brain is running on over-drive and trying to make sense of some of this past year.
I have my friends as peer mothers, my aunts who can guide me and give me support and my grandma as an incredible role model. I was at a family wedding last night and hugged my Grandma good bye and wished her happy Mother's Day. She was clutching me and crying. There are no words to share when you are both missing the person that ties you together. You both know what the other is thinking. My mom was the one that made my Grandma a mother for the first time. I am the grandchild that made my grandma a grandma for the first time. I am the child that made my mother a mother for the first time. We both wish things were different and wish my mom was still here. She's not though, but that doesn't stop her from still being my mom or from being my grandma's oldest child. Some things don't end or go-away just because a person dies.
I love you Mom. I miss you more than I could ever tell anyone. I'm doing fine though. A day doesn't go by that I don't miss you or think about you. A year has gone by in a blink of an eye. Last year we were walking the trail after having dinner - me, you, Melissa, Kate, Stephen, Angelina, Allison, Sammy, Dylan and Roxie. This year we are all in different locations yet in our heads we are all missing you and thinking about you. Thanks for being my mom. You taught me so much and you were there for me whenever I needed you. I couldn't have asked for more. The kids talk about you and miss you. They are getting so big. You will forever be their grandma. Just look down on them once in a while and make sure they are okay and that they feel your love.....please.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
The First Of Many
Posted by Jen at 11:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thank you Jen for the good wishes. I had a nice day. I miss my Mom also. I guess I always will. Hugs to you and your family.
Post a Comment