CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Holiday Picture and A Poem


I did it! I finally took a picture of my kids during the holidays that I really liked. I'm not a pro so the picture is kind of off....too much tree at the top of the picture. But I did it and I made copies and they are going in cards today. I have a mess in my living room as I try to watch a movie and finish the cards. Christmas card explosion! But the pictures are taken and printed and I will be done with these cards by 2pm. In the mail and done!!! Done done done!!!!
This picture of the kids was taken at my dad's house this past weekend in front of his tree. Notice anything interesting? No? Look again. See that red angel hanging between the kids? I never noticed it until I had the pictures printed at the store. And it is just another one of those things that makes me go hmmmm. I didn't intentionally center the kids there, never noticed it while I was taking the pic. But there it is right between all of them. That is an angel that my aunt sent out in her Christmas cards along with the following poem....
Place this angel upon your tree -
And smile when you think of me.
Remember happy times we shared-
Always showing how much you cared.
Celebrate each Christmas and New Year-
With joy and laughter, don't shed a tear.
Take comfort in knowing that I'm in heaven-
I joined the angels in two thousand seven.
In memory of Carrie Jo Matusik
Created by her loving sister, Dianna Mackley

2 comments:

Faithful Froggers said...

Jen,

Thanks so much for signing our blog! I used to follow Angelina's CB site all the time and was so glad to see a recent pic of the kids. They all look GREAT!!! And the picture turned out beautiful.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!!
Love & FROG,
Heather

Theresa said...

Great photo, I'm jealous. And you got cards done, too?!?! Holy crap. You are so much better than me. There's always next year. But maybe I will get a New Years Pic of the boys and I can send out a Happy New Year card instead of Christmas cards, yah....that's the idea! Start a new tradition.