Between my ornaments and the handmade ones from the kids there has to be others on our tree. Santa brings the kids an ornament every year in their stocking. Just like Santa did for me when I was a kid. Those ornaments were mine to take with me when I left home and my kids will be able to do the same. Right now Santa's ornaments of choice are from Ha.llmark's "Coo.l Dec.ade" series. The one I've picked today is the first in that series. Stephen is the only one in our house with that ornament since he was our only child that year.
What I like about the kids getting an ornament each year is that our tree has three of each year when they all receive the same ornament. What I'm not going to like is when they gradually move and take their ornaments with them my tree will be bare again. I try to remedy that by buying at least one ornament for myself each year. But I know that eventually I will have another transition year with filler bulbs just in case I haven't bought enough in the years between now and then! Maybe they will do for me what I did for my parents....buy me ornaments when they are adults!
0 comments:
Post a Comment