I see a theme here....it's all about the kids and their ornaments!
Today's choice is Stephen's first Jingle Beanie, a Penguin. This was a gift from Grandma Carrie. She, too, gave the kids an ornament each year and her choice was Jingle Beanies since she fell in love with them. Each year she would buy every grandkid the same one and attach it to one of their presents.
I counted and for six years she gave the kids one of these. I guess that means she started buying these the year before the girls were born since Stephen has six of them and the girls have five.
This year there won't be any Jingle Beanies on their presents. And that's okay. There are still two white angel Jingle Beanies waiting to be given to someone out of her "stash-o-presents". But since there are six grandkids getting presents this year none of us can decide who gets them. I've got the only girl grandkids who come around regularly but I try not to commandeer everything girlie in case Melissa or Kate have girls and want something for their daughters.
I saw Jingle Beanies in the stores this year and wanted to pick some up for the kids. But some traditions just aren't the same without the person here who started the tradition.
0 comments:
Post a Comment