CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 30, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

Even the best of plans can fall victim to the flu! My husband is not yet ready to throw in the towel (or puke bucket!) but I am. After 3.5 hours of being at school Allison had to be picked up. She threw up her entire lunch all over her classroom. Didn't see that coming. She hadn't puked since Wednesday. I thought we were over the puking. But she drank a juice box and a milk and ate one bite of pizza. Then promptly threw it up. Doesn't sound like a healthy kiddo to me.

So I am ready to cancel our plans. Steve? Not so much. Just like at Thanksgiving, he can't see the writing when it's on the wall. Or the puke when it's in the bucket?

Maybe I can stay home with the sickie and he can go. And you know what would happen if we did that? The child-who-shall-not-be-named-who-hasn't-blew-chunks-yet would promptly get sick all over the hotel room.

I freakin' know it.

1 comments:

Theresa said...

Yes, it will happen. You will arrive and by that evening the now-healthy-one will be puking his guts out. I understand your husband and his optimistic outlook, but the Mom in me tells me that you are correct in this instance.