Dear Fellow ****name of my child's school left blank to protect the Guilty**** Parent,
I saw your child come out of school with his cell phone yesterday. Your fourth grader.
Can I ask you a question? What the fuck are you thinking? Your child is in fourth grade.
Since when does a fourth grader need a cell phone? Who needs to call him that badly?
You do? Where the hell are you? Oh, you are at work and sending him home alone? So he needs to be able to be reachable?
What happened to the days of walking the few blocks home and using a land line? Why the cell phone? The $300 cell phone?
I understand your need to work. I understand not everyone is able to stay home with their children. But does he really need a cell phone so that he can be in constant communication? How about spending some time with him or arranging another responsible adult to be with him? Instead of leaving him and his cell phone to fend for themselves.
Ridiculous. And thanks by the way.
My third grader is asking for a cell phone.
Want to know the answer? No freakin' way.
Elementary school children do not need cell phones. Neither do middle school age children.
Get a life. And get rid of the damn cell phone for the child.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
An Open Letter To A Stupid Parent
Posted by Jen at 12:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment