We are signing the kids up for karate tonight. I was talking about school and karate with Alli this afternoon. She is going to make me go even grayer than I already am.
"I hope he has a cool haircut. I'm going to crush on him." Alli said in reference to her unknown karate instructor.
"You are only 5. You are too young to crush on anyone." Me to Alli.
"Mom, there are lots of people I crush on."
Oh my God. My five year old is already crushing on boys. The worry starts now and doesn't end.
Life with little girls. Especially one who thinks her nickname is Hollywood. If it sparkles, glitters, shines, involves makeup or hair bows she's into it. I see her preen and primp each morning before school in our full length mirror. This stuff is in-bred. It has to be. I'm her mother and I'm so not like that. Where does she get this from?
My baby Angelina has yet to realize that she too could turn into a five year old teen. For now she's still our little babe.
Crush on. Oh my God.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Crush On
Posted by Jen at 4:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lock the Princess up already! Just kidding! I think its fairly normal for that age cause Brendan was just telling Ryan and I the other day how a girl in his class, who is also 5, "loves him" and all kinds of stuff like that. He was acting like she annoyed him but it was ALL acting! Too cute!
Kody and Kolin think karate class rocks!!
Good luck with it!
Kim
Post a Comment