CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Nothing random today

I have nothing flip to say today. Nothing very cute. Not even a bit crazy. Come back tomorrow or the day after for the regulary scheduled rantings and ravings of that side of my personality.

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer on Monday afternoon. I had been expecting the news for a few days. But I thought the glass was half full which means I was hoping for news of "it's nothing" and life could go on.

Well, life is still going on and will continue to do so. In fact after a small amount of initial tears I've even had a lot of laughs with my mom and my husband. At this point if I don't laugh I probably would be crying. I have four people I consider my best friends. One of those is my mom and one is my husband. Both I rely on so heavily for much of my sanity and stability.

It was surreal for the first few hours. I had trouble going to sleep and once I was asleep I woke up twice in a semi-panic trying to figure out what was wrong with my kids or Steve. Then I remembered it wasn't them. It was my mom. Ductal carcinoma.

This isn't a journey I would wish on anyone. And we aren't new to the game. Heaven knows we've went through enough cancer crappola with my grandma. But something different inside of me is affected when I think about it being my mom. MY mom.

I'm sure there will be some more on this later. Today is a good day. We are in a holding pattern until each test reveals it's results, until the first (and only, hopefully) surgery reveals it's results also. Each procedure and appointment will lend itself to giving us more information. And it'll be a while until this is what it is.

Hang on for the ride. I sure am.

0 comments: