I don't know how fun it is. I'm home today with a little one who seems to fighting some bug. Miss Priss (aka Allison) had two rough days at school but didn't really seem to be ill. Then yesterday when she came out of school she was running a temp. Automatic stay home day with the mom today. I let her rest as much as possible but we had to run out for some groceries and dog food. Poor dog, I think he was about to resort to cat food if I didn't get my butt up to the pet store and get him his damn food.
My girl is so shy at school. She was afraid to tell her teacher that she was sick. I have no idea why, other than the shyness, her teacher is very nice and grandmotherly. And we have a relationship from our old school. She knows the type of parent I am and adores my girls. I think it could have been due to Allison not wanting to miss out on Valentine fun.
In other news....
My husband and I went out to someplace I had completely forgotten about for a Valentine lunch. Pudge's Place in Troy. Their Chester Salad minus tomotoes? The absolute freakin' best. The place kind of lacks a modern look but it has some pretty great food. I'm glad I remembered it just in time for a good lunch with the big guy. I think it might be a place to eat at every so often. Yum!
Basketball is going good for the kids. Stephen is really starting to show some improvements. He's one of the best three players on the team. That is a major improvement from the other years. Steve plays him at point guard and it amazes me that my kid has so much knowledge of the game and can run the team and is not selfish. He'd rather pass the ball than shoot. But when he does shoot his shots actually go in. And he's an amazing defender. Next year it gets pretty cut throat, yep, 4th and 5th grade craziness. We'll have a year to decide if we are going to participate. There are some things we aren't too crazy about in regards to the program so we'll see what we decide. And I'm proud of my husband too, because he is an awesome coach to those kids. Stephen has really grown as a player under Steve's guidance.
The girls are improving too. Angelina actually volunteered to stay in the game for two consecutive quarters. She runs up and down the court pretty well and inbounds the ball good. A good game for her involves being where she should be when she should be there! Allison is turning into a center right before our eyes. She got some major rebounds the other day for the first time. Her shyness gets the best of her though, so we'll keep trying. They don't see much action from the ball. They play on a boy/girl team and they can be pretty intimidated by the opposing players. Some of the teams run traps....ridiculous for a K-1 team, but it's what happens here in the hood.
Have a great weekend. Ours will be filled with derby cars, a report on Squanto and more homework for all three kids.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Friday Fun?
Posted by Jen at 1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment