CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 04, 2008

Another Post About How Much My Kids Rock

Yep. They do. We got the report cards for the second card marking last week. And they really really are just fantastic little brainiacs.

Stephen? He's a big brainiac. Love that kid. All As, two of which were A+. He made the academic and citizenship honor roll. No worries here until Steve took a phone call from his teacher tonight. More on that during a different post this week. But it should be all good.

Allison? She's a reading whiz! Doing just fine in kindergarten. She might be a little chatty in art class. But that's about it for her. Progressing along in every category.

Angelina? Smart as a whip! Following right along academically. Reading and everything!! And pretty much failing gym. Yep, that's right, I said failing. The kiddo can't skip. If you can't skip and you are in kindergarten then that equals a failing grade. Gym teachers suck. I mean come on, seriously? I know, I hear what you are saying, "what kid can't skip?" Well, that would be mine. She also doesn't ride a two wheel bike and she runs with her head down.

With Angelina, I cut her some slack. The real world? No slack cutting from them. The real world sucks. They don't care to know that the child shouldn't have even survived past week 15 gestation. They figure she is 6 and she should skip damn it! I say, doesn't she get to pull out the "I'm a miracle, didn't you clueless folks know that?" card and play it right about now!!

I don't know how important it is this year, but I'm thinking I probably need to deal with the gym teacher. She'll have the same gym teacher for the next five years and by third grade it starts to affect stuff. I don't see Angelina getting much out of gym class, so I might do both of us some good if I start up some communication with the gym teacher now.

But hey, my kids all rock. Didn't you know?!??!?!

1 comments:

Theresa said...

I think you need to set up an FYI meeting with the gym teacher. Explain things to him/her and see what they have to say. If he/she is a good teacher, they should advise on ways to help her progress or give you ideas on where to go from there.

Overall, you should be SUPER PROUD of those little ones! It shows how much work you and Steve put into helping those kids and also shows what dedication they have!