I am in a funk. Went to work last night only to find out that the service I work for had made phone calls yesterday and "let go" of 10 people in my area and 60 people at the general office. The "true" midnight shift was completely let go. I guess I'm considered evenings or some dumb thing.
I'm so incredibly mad. Most of the people they let go are single moms or older women with no other income and no spouses. Why not lay off people who have other incomes or the college students who are close to getting their degrees? Why these people? People with up to 22 years of time in at the company? Why not let them bump the newbies - one of which is me.
I feel awful that I still have my (much-needed) job and people with a gazillion years experience have nothing. Nothing.
Michigan sucks. This heavily dependent auto industry economy sucks. I work for a place that is incredibly dependent on auto. Auto sucks - then we suck. Auto fabulous? We are fab too.
So right now we all suck. Somebody looked at me and said, well you'll be okay, you have a degree to fall back on. Yeah, that's great in theory. But I also like my cushy little night job that really helps out with the money. Using my degree and going back to a real job would mean working during the day and finding someone to pay all of my salary to for watching the kids. Now what kind of sense does that make?
Moving doesn't sound to bad these days. I hear they are hiring teachers in Montana for big bucks. How fast can I become an accredited teacher, take the fam and leave this house of chaos behind?
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Funkaliscious
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment