CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Spilled Milk

I love my children. I love my children. I love my children.

Do you hear me trying to convince myself not to want to escape this house of chaos for a few minutes free of the five year olds that I've been invaded by?

We did some quick grocery shopping today and I splurged on ready-made chocolate milk. A whole gallon. The girls were so excited and happily planned their lunch menu on the way home. Frozen waffles and chocolate milk. That made me excited too...easy to prepare.

I've been trying to corral them into helping more. Keep them on task and give them short, concise directions. Kind of getting them ready for kindergarten and making my life easier at the same time. So, the direction was, take the groceries that I set inside the door and move them into the kitchen by the fridge. A whole whopping 15 feet at most.

Easy enough, right? Yeah, except there are two of them. And they love each other. And love to bug each other. And love love love to fight with each other. Angelina decided to put the milk away. Allison thought she was stealing it all for herself. A tug-o-milk-war ensued. And a big old mess all over my couch and living room floor. About a half-gallon of chocolate milk worth of mess.

Where was I? Still unloading the rest of the groceries during the 30 seconds it took to demolish the milk and my living room.

I love my children. But next year I may *secretly* love all day kindergarten too.

0 comments: