CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

School's Almost Out, Among Other Things

Little S has 8 more days of school. Almost none of these are full days. Most are early dismissal or half days. Who's more excited to sleep in? Probably me! All three are tired of going to bed while it's still light out, even with room darkening shades. We are the "bad parents" who stick to the schedule right up until the end of school, even though the rest of the neighborhood kids are running around until 10pm or later on school nights. A kid's gotta get his sleep, right?!?

Tonight is the school's ice cream social, so I'll be busy for most of tonight. Big S will have the kiddos and I'm asking him to bring the kids up there so they too can partake in the fun. I hope it's a fun event and runs smoothly. If it does it may become an annual event for the PTC to run.

Our dryer crapped out last week. The repair guy came out yesterday and it's not the dryer, it's the tubing that vents the dryer out of the house. There is a bunch of exhaust tubing that runs from the dryer, underneath the house to the side of the house and vents the hot air. It was all clogged up with icky stuff. Big S spent three hours replacing the tubing. Many swear words later and it appears that it will actually only take me one twist of the dryer dial to dry clothes, instead of the two it had been taking me. Thanks honey for fixing it!!

Nothing much else is happening. Ang got a haircut, Alli and I'll get ours cut next week before camping. The big guy wants Alli to get hers cut short. I'm not so sure. I love her hair even though she screams every time I try to mess with it.

The jeans I had been wearing prior to my diet now slide right off even if they are buttoned and zipped up. Now that's what I'm talking about.

0 comments: