Big S and I spent the afternoon summerizing the trailer. Little S was at a birthday party and the girls were underfoot. Par for the course! The cleanup didn't take long but the results are great. I'm happy with the way it all cleaned up. We started to stock it with the essentials and will be adding more each day until we leave. I love the fact that since we've had this trailer for a few years most everything we need is already packed in there.
I have a bee in my bonnet about only taking one vehicle this time. Damn gas prices are driving me crazy and in an attempt to be cheap I thought that it might be a good idea. The two drawbacks about that would be that I'll be without my truck Monday and Tuesday until Steve comes back AND is it really possible to pack everything we *think* we need in the trailer and my Explorer? I guess we'll give it a go and see if we can be successful. If nothing else it'll make me really choose what needs to come with us when we camp.
Since we are getting ready so early we have time to prepare the little extra things that sometimes fall to the wayside. Like the copper pipe for the fire. Cut some copper pipe, drill a bunch of holes in it. Insert a cut piece of garden hose. Place in the fire pit AFTER you've had your s'mores. Guaranteed to give tons of color to your fire....the little kiddos love it!
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Saturday Scoop
Posted by Jen at 6:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment