CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

2am Drugstore Trip

How bad does a person have to feel to make a middle of the night run to the drugstore for medicine? Pretty awful. I woke up last night with a headache that had me instantly crying. I tried drinking water, no help. I tried breathing through the pain. Fat chance that had of working. I even tried to get my mind off of it by counting by odd numbers so that I wouldn't think of the pain. When all of those things failed to work I woke Steve up and told him I'd be back after I got some Advil.

Advil is my drug of choice. Nothing touches my headaches like Advil. I was in some serious pain by the time I was at the check-out counter. I had that package ripped open and dry swallowed four Advil in record time. By the time I got back home I noticed they were beginning to work. Another twenty minutes later and it was down to just an average head pounding. I knew I could attempt to fall back asleep and not wake up to a freakin' monstrosity of a headache.

Two interesting things about this whole episode. Did you know they sell Advil Migraine? I might have to buy some of those to try out. And my husband never remembered me leaving in the middle of the night. I thought it would be best to wake him up and tell him so that if by chance he woke up when I was gone he wouldn't freak out that I was not there and neither was his car. Didn't matter. He looked at me like I was a crazy woman when he saw the Walgreen's receipt dated 2am. Pretty much not a chance in hell he would leave the house in the middle of the night for Advil. I, on the other hand, was desperate and desperate times call for desperate measures. Even if that means driving through the ghetto at odd hours of the night.

Last thought on this whole thing....I love love love whoever decided that stores should be open 24 hours. Now that's good customer service for Advil junkies like myself.

And I will never ever find myself without a full bottle of Advil.

The end.

1 comments:

Theresa said...

Damn, that must have been some headache! I am just sitting here wondering if you got dressed or went in your jammies?!?!?