My friends and family think I'm MIA. They are surprised I even answer my cell phone 10% of the time (Hey Alida!). I'm never on instant messenger (Hey Louie! Got your card yesterday. TY!) And I've got aunts (Hi Aunt Karen!), sisters (Yo, Melissa and Kate) who never get to talk to me for more than a few seconds or whom I wished I could call more often. Such is life these first few weeks of September getting everything back in order and being a working part-time mom.
The first few weeks of the kids back in school were spent re-arranging the plans we made last year involving separating the girls. As of yesterday, they are now in the same class with the same teacher. Those first few weeks were not nice to me and I'm glad that the choice to keep them together was ultimately in the hands of Steve and I. I wish I would have had my camera in tow when they came out of school together yesterday, hand in hand. Priceless. It made me feel a ton better. I don't feel comfortable discussing the whys and hows of what happened those first eight school days here on the blog in case anyone from our school community comes across this blog. But just know of course it wasn't drama free. Nothing ever is lately.
Stephen is doing fabulous in fourth grade. He is a great student and Steve and I are very lucky that we have such hard working kiddos. All three work very hard at their school work and are pretty good in their decision making. The staff at the school has been supportive of our family and I've gotten multiple calls to come up and help out with book fair and picture day. Picture day was today and we rocked it! Done and over in 3 hours. Just enough time to get the kids all in place for lunch. Whew....I'm wore out from moving around that school all morning. I'm glad I have the time and energy to help out as much as they ask me too.
I'm still frugal shopping. I manage to sneak in a few trips here and there when I can. My stockpile is going strong and I'm passing out bags of goodies when I see my friends. Need deodorant or shampoo? Come see me!!
Steve's busy working and taking care of the kids at night. September is always busy but it's also a lot of fun for our family!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Slacker Update
Posted by Jen at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment