I'm adding multiple posts today....scroll down to read all of them. I'm trying to get caught up with my updates!!
We started a new tradition a few years back with my mom and my sisters. A cookie exchange the first weekend in December. It's a pain in the butt to make up 12 dozen of the same cookies but the packaging, sharing recipes and a house full of women make it all worth it. We laughed and all had a great time talking about our recipes and other stuff. I picked Danish Egg Strips as my recipe. They are yummy, semi-easy to bake and you always have all the ingredients in your house. My kind of cookie!! Part of the group gathered together. From l - r.... Lori, Alisha, Aunt Marie, my Mom, Aunt Linda, Aunt Polly
Mexican Rum Balls, Danish Egg Strips, Healthy Oat Cookies, Chocolate Truffles (my mom made these and they were yummy!!). Aunt Linda's Suprise Package Cookies (Andes mint inside....yum, I'll make these again!) and Aunt Marie's Cherry Winks. Aunt Marie said Grandma always made these for Grandpa. They were pretty good too!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies from Lori. These are one of my favorites but I never take the time to make them!
The nice thing about the cookie exchange....kids are welcome. I brought the girls and Melissa had the boys with her. Here is a recent pic of Dylan from that day. Getting to be a little shit! :)
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Cookie Exchange
Posted by Jen at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment