CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 04, 2006

My new baby


Is just absolutely adorable. His name is Mickey. I spent a lot of time figuring out what kind of dog I wanted. I really thought we would look for a Pomeranian. But everything I was reading about Pomeranian made them sound like they would be great dogs if you were retired seniors. Ummm, that's not us. I kept taking on-line surveys to figure out the types of dogs would be good for our family. Which led me to The Mickster.

Mickey is a 16 week old Cockapoo. His mom is a Cocker Spaniel, his dad a poodle. And he (so far) is the best and cutest dog I have ever owned. I never felt this way about CoCo. CoCo was pain in my ass and we never should have tried to rescue him. Mickey weighs maybe 8 pounds and is pretty much already trained for a couple of things since he was at his previous home a little longer than normal. When I met him I kept wondering why didn't anyone pick him? Right now I believe it's because he was waiting to come to our home.

He is pretty much house broken and only had a few accidents on that first day he was home. Since then I've been able to figure out his cues and voila....business is done outside baby! A boy at his previous home taught him how to play fetch and he plays with me and the kids a couple of hours a day. He loves his "rope" toy (that you can see in the picture). He's a sucker for raw carrots. And he is my shadow. Which is what I wanted. I'm the feeder and the pottier and he has learned quickly that if you want something you come to the big lady and she'll get it done for ya (and maybe give you a doggie treat in the process)! Which also means because he knows he can trust me then he also knows to cuddle with me for hours each night after the kids go to bed. I love that!!

Welcome home Mickey!!!

0 comments: