CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 09, 2006

How do you wear your shoes?

I'm not positive that's an appropriate title for this entry. Read on to see what I'm talking about.

I went with my girls on a library field trip today. I'm always assigned the same extra kids whose parents aren't on the trip and the one little girl finally opened up to me today. That was sweet. I was called "Allison's mom" which I thought was super cute.

This little girl is the daughter of tank top girl. Remember her??? For some reason tank top girl has decided that it's okay to let her wear her shoes on the wrong feet. I noticed and went to switch them. The teacher stopped me and gave me the look. The look that says I know what I'm about to tell you is absurd but bare with me. I guess tank top girl thinks it's perfectly acceptable to allow her almost 4 yr old to constantly wear her shoes on the opposite feet. How crazy is that? Can't be good for the little ones feet, can it?

Later on this little one took off her shoes at the library to fix her socks. When I put her shoes back on they went onto the correct feet. The anal mother in me coming out.

How freaking weird can this mother be? I know it's great to let kids express their individuality but come on.

What thing(s) did your parents allow you to do as a child that you now realize was probaby weird/not safe that you wouldn't allow your children to follow in your footsteps doing?

0 comments: