CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Fun

The past week has been a blur. Lots of summer fun happening around here. Swimming, going to the park today for a picnic and fun in the splash area. Having friends over for cookouts and campfires. Now this is what I anticipated our summer being like before my dad was in the hospital!

Dad's doing better each day. He heads back to the doctor tomorrow. This time Melissa is going with him. I'll switch off with her until school starts back for the kids and then I'll probably just meet up with him at the doctor's office after that since it's closer for me to go than her and all of my wee-ones will be in school. I've also made Ang's yearly cardiology appt for August. I'll be glad to take care of that during the summer so she doesn't have to be pulled out of school!

We are doing the summer library program and all reading like crazy. I'm obsessed with finding ways to save my family money in this crappy economy. Reading money saving blogs are helping out in a big way. A few of you have emailed or commented and I hope to blog sometime this week about my coupon-ing and the websites I visit. Look for that to come!

Stephen turns 9 in exactly one week. And the night before Steve and I are heading to the Kid Rock concert. I'm beyond excited for both things to happen!!! When did I become old enough to have a nine year old? And when was the last damn concert I was at? It's been too long for me to even remember!!

I'm excited to sit in the sun this week and get lots of pool time in with the kids! Drop me a comment and let me know about something that you have done or are planning to do this summer.....oh, and my weight is down 32 pounds since February. I hope to post before and current pics this week too. After I get a hair-cut that is. The last ten have dropped due to the "my-dad-had-heart-attack-spent-what-felt-like-a-gazillion-days-in-the-hospital" diet. I don't advise anyone to lose it that way but it has motivated me to get back on the wagon and start up again. 32 pounds since February!!! More than halfway to my goal!

1 comments:

Theresa said...

Good job on the weight loss! I however have gained a few pounds back since Jackie was here! We ate ice cream, chips-n-dips, pizza, and I had many colas. Dammit it all to hell. I hope to get back on the train today sometime and get my ass in gear!